Ah, Valentine’s Day. Another season of love is upon us. It brings many warm and fuzzy feelings but can also confuse you if you don’t have a partner.
It’s not easy to navigate the social norms around Valentine’s Day. It’s normal to wonder: should you say Happy Valentine’s Day to a girl or guy you like?
Check out our pros and cons of declaring your undying love to your crush on Valentine’s Day.
Pros of Saying Happy Valentine’s Day to Your Crush
It will make them feel valued and special
Positive social experiences can improve a person’s well-being. Hearing Happy Valentine’s Day is one such experience. Saying Happy Valentine’s Day to your crush is a sweet and thoughtful gesture. It lets them know that you’re thinking of them.
It’s the perfect opportunity to tell them how you feel
People have asked us: Should I confess to my crush on Valentine’s Day? The answer is yes! Your crush almost expects you to reveal your feelings on that day.
They may already be wondering if they’ll get a text like that. It lowers the pressure and reduces the risk that they’ll feel caught off-guard and awkward.
Expressing your feelings can be a brave and positive step. It’s a necessity when building a romantic relationship. It will be smoother whether they accept or reject your advance.
They will find it strange if you don’t wish them Happy Valentine’s Day
February 14th is the day to celebrate all relationships. It’s for everyone, even though the emphasis is on lovers.
Valentine’s Day is not only about passion. Treat it as a day to boost others’ spirits in the cold monotony of February and melt them with a touch of your attention and kindness.
It’s the day when you can tell them, “My life is better because you are a part of it.” Thus, if your crush knows you like them, it will be odd for you not to acknowledge that day.
Cons: Why Saying Happy Valentine’s Day Can Be a Bad Idea
It’s hard to stand out on that day
Your crush could be getting dozens of Valentine’s greetings. Telling them Happy Valentine’s Day might not be as memorable as you’d like it to be.
Your greeting could get lost between the racy one from IslandBoy83, and the one Moet4Ever sent where he asks her out. Even if she wants to keep track, she might not be able to on that day.
Your crush might read it the wrong way
Your crush might read your Valentine’s greeting and think you’re being pushy.
It can make them feel pressured if they’re not ready for a romantic relationship. You might be giddy with feelings for this person, but it can lead to awkwardness if they don’t feel the same way about you.
Understanding and respecting the other person’s feelings and boundaries are essential. So, read their social cues from their previous actions.
It will tell you whether you should wish them Happy Valentine’s Day.
How to Say Happy Valentine’s Day to Your Crush?
If you’re in a relationship, saying Happy Valentine’s Day is easy: you can do that without blinking. But how do you say Happy Valentine’s Day to someone you like?
Nothing describes how you feel better than a few well-chosen V-day greetings.
They can express your sentiments as well as any gift. Valentine’s day is the day for romantic gestures and grand confessions of the heart.
Capture your love interest’s attention. Don’t wallow further in the dreaded friend zone this year.
Sending a written card is the sweetest way to reveal your feelings about the person you’re crushing on.
Or you can send them a flirty text message that showcases your sense of humor. You’ll lower their walls if you make them laugh, and they will look forward to being your Valentine.
Sample Valentine’s Day Greetings for Your Crush
Using our Valentine’s love greetings list is your golden opportunity to let your crush in on what you’re hiding. We’ve got cheeky, naughty Valentine’s Day messages.
We also have humorous, punny greetings and notes for the old-school romantic. Here are some samples you can use:
1. If love were a cookie, you’d be an Oreo. Chocolatey on the outside and creamy on the inside. Let’s share some this Valentine’s Day.
2. My Day will be fantastic if you become my Valentine. So, will you be my Valentine?
3. All we need is love. But a bit of chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt!
4. There’s a reason I’m texting you on Valentine’s Day …
5. I was trying to stop crushing on you, but that was impossible. So now, the only thing I can think about is to tell you how I feel. Happy Valentine’s Day.
6. Today, I’ve decided to take the bull by the horns and stop being shy to say how I feel about you. I like you! Have a fabulous Valentine’s Day, my crush; you are amazing!
7. You want to guess who I’d like to be my Valentine? Check the first word of my question.
8. I’ve created a castle for you in my heart; I hope you’ll come live in it soon. Happy Valentine’s Day, my crush.
9. Having someone special and beautiful like you in my world is incredible! It makes life more meaningful for me with each passing day. Happy Valentine’s Day!
10. Today is the Best Day to reveal how I feel about you. I’ve been crushing on you for years. Will you be my Valentine?
When you’re a secret admirer:
1. Valentine’s Day wishes to my secret angel. I’m sure you don’t know who I am, but I would love to get to know you better. Hoping you’ll want to do the same.
2. Good morning to a wonderful being. Happy Valentine’s Day from your secret admirer.
3. May your Valentine’s Day be fun-filled. Who could this be? Please don’t bother; it’s only me.
Send a Valentine’s Day Card
You can do something extra special such as writing your true feelings on a card. It carries the same impact as flowers or chocolate. Furthermore, cards are handy if you’re in the dreaded friend zone.
They get straight to the point, so your crush won’t have to wonder how you feel about them. Don’t have a way with words? Browse the samples below for inspiration.
1. You’re the kindest and most remarkable person I’ve ever met. Happy Valentine’s Day!
2. I Hope you have a Valentine’s Day that’s as fabulous as you are!
3. I made a wish, then you came true. I followed my heart; then it led me to you.
4. I want you to know that when I picture myself happy, it’s with you.
5. I hope I’m not coming on to you too strong, but how could these intense feelings be wrong? I want to get to know you so much more.
You have other options that will make you stand out from the pack. For example, you can cook or bake something delicious for your crush.
Your love interest will more likely give you the time of day if they see you’ve tried to create something for them.
South Africa celebrates Valentine’s Day much like the rest of the world. For example, people shower each other with flowers, chocolates, and other symbols of love.
It’s also the tradition for South African women to wear hearts on their sleeves on Valentine’s Day.
They write the name of their love interest and pin it to their shirtsleeves. This custom stems from an ancient Roman tradition known as Lupercalia.
South African men sometimes learn of their secret admirers because of this practice.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Saying Happy Valentine’s Day to Your Crush
Saying Happy Valentine’s Day to your crush can be a leap of faith. Keep the following things in mind:
Do consider how long you’ve been talking to them and how your IRL interactions have gone.
Has he made it a point to text you back? Does she pay full attention to you when you hang out? Let the answers to these and similar questions inform your actions.
Don’t spill your feelings just because it’s Valentine’s Day. For instance, if you’ve only known each other for two days, it’s not the best idea to put everything out there for the sake of the holiday. Just saying.
In short, saying Happy Valentine’s Day to your crush is okay. The holiday is not only for those in committed relationships.
It’s a day to celebrate love in all its forms. Another key point is that best friends, siblings, and coworkers can say Happy Valentine’s Day to each other.
Saying Happy Valentine’s Day will make your crush feel special, but beware of them taking it wrong!
So, be thoughtful and considerate in your actions this Valentine’s Day. In addition, remember to always maintain open and honest communication with your crush.